Warren Buffett delivered 3,800,000% returns since 1965.
Jim Simons earned 66% annual returns from 1988 to 2018.
Stanley Druckenmiller earned 30% annual returns for Duquesne Capital from 1986 until he converted it to his family office in 2010.
Both investors who manage large funds and investors who own large portions of companies are required to disclose their positions in SEC Form 13 filings.
Form 13s are a boon to everyday investors: without them, we wouldn’t know what the big – and frequently, the most successful – investors are doing. Software tools and even businesses have been built around Form 13 data. BBAE has a Form 13 tool, too, and we’re proud of it.
But Form 13s have a drawback: investors have 45 days – in the case of the standard Schedule 13F – after each calendar quarter to file them (for a Schedule 13D, which applies to “beneficial” owners who own more than 5% of a voting class of a company’s shares, the threshold is 10 business days after the transaction, and for Schedule 13G, which is for investors exempt from 13D requirements (generally because they’re either passive or grandfathered in for logistical reasons), it’s 5 business days). They’re old news. That’s less of an issue when you’re following a long-term investor like Warren Buffett, whose favorite holding period is “forever.” (As an aside, Buffett’s holding periods are often shorter than his stereotype might predict, even if he’s a bona fide long-term investor.) But for a James Simons-style investor who trades more frequently, Form 13s may be all but useless.
What if I told you there was a way to get notified in real time of top investors’ trades – in fact, to even have the option to copy them with the click of a button?
BBAE’s Town Square Copy Trade feature lets you do just that.
The drawback is that the participating investors are the best investors on our app, who’ve opted in to our Town Square feature. Warren Buffett doesn’t use BBAE, although we’d be delighted to extend him an invitation, as we think he’d dig our free trades and never-any-pressure-to-trade vibe.
How BBAE’s Town Square Helps You
The upsides of BBAE’s Town Square Copy Trade are many:
- Instantly add stocks to your portfolio
- Learn from more experienced traders
- Enjoy trust and transparency thanks to performance tracking (of both the traders you may wish to copy, as well as your own copied trades) and trade verification that ensures all the track records you see are real
- Interact with the BBAE investor community
- Get real-time updates on just-placed trades – no waiting until the end of the quarter, and then another 45 days after that
BBAE Has Benefits Outside of Copy Trade, too
And keep in mind: these are in addition to all the benefits you get with a BBAE account in the first place. Those benefits include:
- Free equity trades
- Curated stock ideas – in fact, curated themes with lists of stock ideas
- Top-notch options functionality with a theoretical options pricing tool
- Real-time market data, financials, and charting
- Industry-leading content and education
- $500,000 of SIPC insurance
- Three exclusive smart beta portfolios from industry leader MarketGrader (in BBAE’s MyAdvisor)
- A bonus of up to $400 for opening and funding your account
BBAE is on a mission to give its investors the best investing outcomes – and the best investing tools – possible. Join BBAE and become a part of this mission today.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only and is neither investment advice nor a solicitation to buy or sell securities. Investing carries inherent risks. Always conduct thorough research or consult with a financial expert before making any investment decisions.